I’ve recently started upping my exercise levels, with walking, running and longer distance hiking. I find the mixture of these really good for keeping not only my fitness up, but also no gym boredom here!
Now whilst it may be more obvious to make sure you recover properly after running, hiking and walking if quite high intensity mean you need to look after yourself too. So I’m joining in with a campaign called #WorkHardSleepWell in collaboration with Bed Guru. I’m going to share with you some of my tips for looking after yourself after exercise, to make sure you’re ready to hit the gym/pavements/mountains ASAP after your last session.
#1 Get Some Rest
Sleep is probably the most important thing after exercise. This gives your body time to heal and your muscles, bones and joints will appreciate as close to the 8 hours as possible. If you struggle to sleep after exercise try taking magnesium supplements, magnesium is thought to help regulate chemicals your body produces to help with sleep. You should also make sure you’re comfy, a mattress like the Bed Guru Active Sports Mattress can help aid a better sleeping position and encourage longer sleep.
#2 Eat Breakfast
Food is fuel and it’s so important to try and eat breakfast when you’re working out. A balanced plate of carbohydrates for energy, protein for your muscles and vegetables is the perfect thing for aiding exercise as well as recovery. Overnight oats can be very useful for breakfast on days with workouts or long hikes planned. Add fresh fruit for extra fibre and vitamins.
#3 Get Comfy
When you get back from that hike, run or gym session, don’t forget to stretch but also don’t forget your PJs. Comfy clothes after exercise will help you feel better and keep your muscles warm after exercise, which will help recovery. There’s nothing like fresh PJs after a hot shower!
So if you want to keep an eye on your fitness and sleep to help aid your recovery, why not enter my giveaway. The prize is a Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor, which can help you work out if you’re getting enough sleep post exercise. Just enter using the rafflecopter widget below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms and Conditions
- This giveaway is open to UK residents only.
- The competition is open from 21 April 2017 and will close on 5 May 2017, after which the draw will take place and the winner notified.
- There are no cash alternatives, or alternative prizes on offer.
- The prize is one Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor.
- The decision is final and will be drawn via the Rafflecopter widget.
- I will contact the winner by email as detailed in the entry comment.
- The item will be sent by Zeal Buzz once a response from the winner has been received.
- Should there be no response from the winner within 28 days, the draw will be redone and an alternative winner selected.
- You will be disqualified for not fulfilling the entries you have made on the rafflecopter widget.
- All entries will be checked.
P.S. Post in collaboration with Bed Guru. As ever all words, photos and opinions my own.