I’ve not been abroad in a while, so when I was approached by Inntravel about their slow holidays in Italy it was kind of lucky. They weren’t to know we’re planning on holidaying there with friends this summer!
We’re planning on hiking and visiting vineyards in Piedmont, on our own slow holiday. Inntravel offer some wonderful slow holidays. Holidays for those wanting to see the sights but without the rush, as you run your own itinerary. They all sound perfect to me, especially this Foodie Adventure in Emilia-Romagna. This region is the key to the heart and soul of Italy and the birth place to such foodie delights as Prosciutto di Parma, Parmesan cheese & Balsamic Vinegar. Yum!
As part of the campaign I was sent a foodie hamper of Italian delights to bring some memories back of Italian holidays of the past and showcase food from Emilia-Romagna region. The last time I was in Italy was in summer 2012. I went to a summer school for my PhD in the north. I stayed in Brixen-Bressanone, famed for it’s amazing countryside of the Domolmites bordering with the Austrian Alps. It offered walking, mountain biking and via ferrate. The food was also interesting, Italian with a heavy Germanic influence.
For Dr W and I’s at home Italian Food Adventure we did things slowly, over a few evenings. One evening serving homemade pizzas with Prosciutto, Dolcelatte and Mozerella. On another evening we enjoyed Spinach and Ricotta Tortilini in a Tomato and Marscapone Sauce, with Chicken and Mushroom. Of course this was topped with masses of Parmesan…
A slight hiccup here though, my camera decided to chew up the photos from our pasta evening, so theres a couple of pasta pics here from my own pasta recipes instead (I’m so sorry!) There was also a Friday evening enjoying garlic bread, with balsamic and olive oil, coupled with some tasty Italian Gavi wine. Delicious!
I love taking my time with things, especially on holiday, and we’re huge fans of hiking holidays especially coupled with foodie adventures. In all honesty a slow holiday from Inntravel would be perfect for us. Sadly I don’t have a holiday up for grabs, but if you want to win your own hamper of Italian food for your own Italian food adventure, just follow the Rafflecopter below. All entries are optional and the Terms and Conditions are at the bottom of this post. The hamper includes pasta, wine, balsamic vinegar, cheese and more wonderful foodie items from the Emilia-Romagna region.
Do you like to see the sights via a different route? Would you contemplate a slow paced holiday? Are you an Italian food fan? Let me know in the comments,
P.S. In collaboration with Inntravel. As ever all words, opinions and photos my own.
Terms and Conditions
- The prize is for an Italian Food Hamper
- There will be ONE winner and the prize is as specified
- Closing date is 14th Feb 2017 at midnight
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered
- Open to UK residents aged 18+ only (due to alcohol in the prize)
- One set of entries per person and all entries will be checked and verified
- The winner will be chosen by the blogger and will be contacted direct on the email address provided.
- If the winner does not respond within 28 days a new winner will be drawn
- The winner’s names will be available on request, by entering this competition participants consent to their full name being available by request from MissPond.com
- MissPond.com reserves the right to amend or withdraw the competition at any time without notice or liability
- Entry to this competition confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions