I spent ages agonising over a Harry Potter themed bake for a friend’s birthday. In the end I went with something simpler than I had originally planned, Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Bean Cookies.
We were heading out for birthday adventures, so Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Bean Cookies were the snacks for the day. I used a recipe from my good blogger friend Mike at the Bearded Bakery as a basis for these. I love to adapt recipes and usually scribble my ideas down in a notebook, my latest in my collection of many being this Harry Potter lenticular one*.
- 100g Caster sugar
- 100g Unsalted butter, soft at room temp
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 150g Plain flour, seived
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 175g Jelly beans
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C fan. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Cream together the butter and the sugar in your mixer (I used my trusty Kmix) until light and fluffy (this can take several minutes).
- Mix in the honey and beat again.
- Mix in half of the flour with the jelly beans. Once this has combined mix in the rest of the flour and the baking powder.
- Keep on mixing until the dough starts to form a ball in the mixer. When very dough like turn out onto a floured surface and working with your hands.
- Separate the dough out into 12 sizeable balls. Don’t press them down and place on a baking tray (I baked two batches of 6).
- Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes, before transferring to a wire rack.
- Serve with steaming hot cups of tea.
These cookies were seriously good. Mike’s recipe never fails to work and impress! I suggest serving with steaming hot cups of tea and if you can, whilst the cookies are still warm. So would you give my Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Bean Cookies a go? Let me know in the comments,
P.S. *Contains PR samples, as ever all words, photos and opinions are my own.