I love being sent new products to try out and experiment with for recipes. This week I enjoyed checking out some new Branston products and created a very easy Onion Chutney and Sweet Pepper Puff Pastry.
I wanted to make something more elaborate, but the hot weather wouldn’t let me in the kitchen for very long. Cooking this was about all I could tolerate, plus it was so easy to make! I have got other plans for some of the other Branston ingredients we were sent, so do check back soon for further recipes.
- 1 Roll of JusRol Puff Pastry, at room temperature
- 4tbsp Branston Sweet Onion Chutney
- 200g Mozzarella, sliced
- 100g Pepperdew sweet peppers, cut in half
- Olive oil and a pastry brush
- Freshly ground black pepper, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180C (fan) and get your pastry out of the fridge to warm up, if it's too cold it will break as you stretch it out.
- Cut up your mozzarella and Pepperdew peppers.
- Grease and line a baking tray, then stretch out the pastry over it.
- Spread the chutney over the middle of the tart, then layer the mozzarella and peppers over the top.
- Brush the edges with olive oil to stop them from catching.
- Bake for 18-20mins in the oven.
- Allow to cool a little and serve with a salad and some ground pepper.
This is such an easy recipe to create and even after being in the fridge (we ate the second half the next day) it tasted lovely. I think it would be great to try this with tomatoes instead of peppers with cheddar instead of mozzarella too, for a more English feel with the chutney.
Are you a puff pastry fan? Let me know if you give it a go,
P.S. I received the Branston Range for the creation of this recipe. As ever all words, pictures and opinions are my own.