I had to do a little flick back, as I knew this date was approaching. Four years ago today, I started my little blog. My little piece of the internet for me to share my recipes and back then my journey to getting fit again. A lot has changed since then, I mainly focus on food, with lifestyle thrown in. But I still google my own recipes when I want to cook. Today for my blog birthday I’m sharing a recipe for these Cardamom and White Chocolate Biscuits with you.
I was going to share this recipe with you in the run up to Christmas. But as the last couple of weeks at work happened and Christmas parties were attended, I really didn’t get the time to blog. So I’m writing this blog on holiday, during some wonderful quiet time in front of the fire. These Cardamom and White Chocolate Biscuits are very easy to make (if you ignore popping cardamom pods and grinding the seeds). They’re also really simple and easy to make look “posh” or oh so pinterest in my case.
- 300g self raising flour
- 150g butter
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 2 tsp freshly ground cardamom (I used seeds from green cardamom pods).
- 1 egg
- 50ml Milk
- White chocolate
- I used my stand mixer to combine all the ingredients, then by hand brought the dough together. However you could make entirely by hand, rub the cardamom, flour and butter together to make breadcrumbs. Then combine the wet ingredients and knead the mixture until a dough is formed.
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Roll your dough to 1cm thick and then cut out your shapes.
- Pop your biscuits on to a lined baking tray and bake for 10-15mins depending on how big your biscuits are.
- Keep going til you have no dough left!
- Melt the white chocolate and drizzle over the cooled biscuits. Cover with sprinkles.
- It took about 10-12 mins to cook each batch of little stars. I kept the dough in the fridge between batches.
Looking back, this last year has been an incredible one for my little blog and I still can’t believe I’ve been doing this for four years! I have been so lucky to have made some amazing new friends through it and gained some incredible experiences. I really do feel very lucky to have done what I’ve done through my blog. For my little round up of the year just gone check out my Year in Review. I really hope you’ve enjoyed reading my blog over the last year! What do you want to see from Miss Pond this year? Let me know in the comments,