With a slightly longer commute, these days my mid week meals have to be super quick to make. This Quick and Easy Chicken Chow Mein recipe is a go too for Dr W and I.
This does not take long to make and it’s super comforting. When you need a pick me up after a long day at work, this is the one for us. Of course if you’re veggie or vegan switch out for alternatives, tofu works well in a chow mein. Read below to find out how to make my Quick and Easy Chicken Chow Mein Recipe…
- 1 heaped tsp Very Lazy Chopped Ginger (or any other ginger paste)
- 1 heaped tsp Very Lazy Chopped Garlic (or any other garlic paste)
- 3 tbsp Reduced Salt/Sugar Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsp Reduced Salt Soy Sauce
- 1 Green Pepper, sliced
- 1 White Onion, finely diced
- 200g Bean Sprouts
- 3 Chicken Thighs (skinned, boneless, fat removed)
- 2 Nests of Egg Noodles
- 1 tbsp Veg Oil
- Stir the sauce ingredients together, keep to one side.
- Prepare the pepper and onion, then use a different chopping board to cut the chicken thighs into strips.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the egg noodles as per their packet instructions. When done drain the noodles and keep to one side.
- Whilst the noodles cook, heat up the oil in a heavy bottomed frying pan or wok. Start cooking the chicken, when it starts to brown put in the onion and pepper and cook until softened.
- Add the noodles, beansprouts and stir fry for a couple of minutes, add the combined sauce ingredients and cook until everything is coated and the sauce is heated through.
- Serve in bowls, enjoy!
What’s your go too for a mid-week easy meal? Have you made Chicken Chow Mein before? Let me know in the comments,