Now we’ve settled in after moving we’ve been enjoying some quiet cosy nights in with a movie and of course comfort food. The other week we settled down to a film with my Chicken Fajita Nachos to munch on.
This post is a collaborative post. I love nachos, not the cinema kind, the very much piled on and plenty of cheese ones. I also love all the sides, hot sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream. After a long day we decided on making our own Chicken Fajita Nachos and they were the best accompaniment to a night in front of our Panasonic HD Television.
Given these are so easy to make, they’re also really easy to switch up. Veggie? Why not try Quorn chicken pieces. Vegan? You could use jack fruit. Don’t fancy chicken? What about pulled pork! They’re so easy you can pick whatever topping you want. But do make sure that you have all the sides in, because you can’t beat ALL the dips. That’s the whole point of nachos right anyway?!
- Pack of nachos
- 200g Grated cheese
- 3 Peppers, sliced
- 2 Onions, sliced
- 4 Chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, fat trimmed
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Chipotle paste
- 1/2 tbsp Ketchup
- 1/2 tbsp BBQ Sauce
- Preheat the oven 180C (fan)/190C.
- Use a heavy bottomed saucepan to cook the chicken, pepper and onions in a glug of olive oil until soft.
- When cooked, add the paste, ketchup and BBQ sauce. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Place the nachos in a baking tray, pour the fajitas over the top and finish with grated cheese.
- Pop in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Share with dips in front of the telly with a good movie!
- Make it veggie with Quorn chicken or vegan with jack fruit! They're ever so easy to change up!
What do you like to cook for nights in? Are you a nachos fan? Let me know in the comments,
P.S. This post is collaborative. All words, photos and opinions are my own.