I love pasta, it’s just so easy to put quick dinners together and they’re jolly tasty too. Today’s recipe is a Creamy Salmon and Spinach Pasta.
I came up with this recipe as I had all the ingredients to use up in the fridge. Plus I was a little stretched for time. At first I was a bit worried it would be soggy with the spinach blitzed in the food processor. But actually that worked really well and was finer than I could ever chop it.
- 2 Filets of salmon
- 160g Pasta (we used spelt pasta)
- 150g Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 300g Spinach, blitzed in a food processor (or finely sliced)
- 200g Low fat creme fraiche
- Freshly ground black pepper, to season
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Cover the salmon with oil and pepper, then wrap in foil. Put in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Prep the rest of the recipe and begin cooking the pasta.
- Fry the mushroom and garlic in a pan, then add in the spinach so it wilts. Take off the heat.
- Stir in the creme fraiche and ground pepper into the pan.
- Drain the pasta, stir into the sauce.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and flake.
- Serve the pasta into bowls then place the salmon across the top.
- Cover with cheese once served if you want!
The pasta I used again comes from the M&S Spelt Pasta range. I’m so glad to see spelt as an option on the shelves as I much prefer it to wholewheat. Also if you want to make it completely veggie omit the salmon and use more mushrooms. I also posted another autumnal pasta recipe last week, so check that out too.
What’s your favourite autumn/winter pasta dish? Let me know in the comments,