Sometimes the simplest of dinners are the tastiest. This is such a cheat dinner, it’s not really a recipe. But you know what, it’s tasty and that’s why I’m sharing it. My Jerk Chicken and Pineapple Tray Bake.
We’re busy. Who isn’t?! Between my commute and Dr W’s working hours, our weekday evenings can be a stretch. I don’t want to spend my entire evening cooking and not have any time left to spend time with Dr W, or blog or head to the pub quiz! That’s where tray bake dinners come in handy. This Jerk Chicken and Pineapple Tray Bake is dead easy.
- 2 Peppers
- 1 Red Onion
- 200g Tin of Pineapple, drained
- 6 Chicken Drumsticks (or Chicken Thighs)
- Jerk Chicken Paste
- Spray Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan).
- Chop the pepper, onion and drained pineapple roughly.
- Spray a baking tray with some oil and throw the veg and pineapple into it, toss so they get covered with oil.
- Cover the chicken with the jerk chicken paste, then place on top of the veg.
- Cook for 30 mins in the middle oven of the shelf.
- Serve with coconut rice (recipe below).
- 175g Rice
- 200ml Low Fat Coconut Milk
- 150ml Water
- Put everything in a pan.
- Bring to the boil quickly on a high heat.
- Stir only once (I promise this works) then cover with the lid and reduce the heat right down. Simmer for 10 minutes. Leave the lid on and stand for another 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork then serve.
- You can add spiralised veg in to this if you want - I have done carrot and courgette before. Add it at the start.
Check out my favourite Jerk Chicken Paste recipe if you have a bit more time to make this dinner that me. It really does pack a kick! I also have an amazing cheesecake recipe that’ll cool things down if you need it.
Are you a Jerk Chicken fan? Do you prefer simple dinners? Let me know in the comments,