My favourite dish at Wagamamas is the Katsu Curry, it’s my go too choice and something I’ve always wanted to make for myself. So when Goldfish Brand sent me some Katsu Curry paste I thought I’d have to have a go at making my favourite dish at home.
Conveniently I had some Wagyu Burgers in the freezer, perfect really- Japanese curry with a famous Japanese meat! And I’ve also always wanted to make Crispy Noodles so decided they would be the perfect accompaniment. So let me share with you my VERY EASY recipe for Katsu Wagyu Burgers and Crispy Noodles…
- 2 Japanese Wagyu Burgers
- Goldfish Brand Japanese Curry Sauce Paste
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 2 Nests of Egg noodles
- 2 Courgettes, cut into batons
- Olive oil
- Roast the courgettes with olive oil in an oven at around 200C for 20 minutes.
- Grill the Wagyu burgers, for 8-10 minutes.
- Cook the noodles as per packet instructions (usually around 5 minutes in boiling water). When cooked throw into a wok with the diced onion and fry until crispy and golden.
- Make up the Goldfish Brand Japanese Curry Sauce, I used 50g of the sauce and 200ml of water and simmer in a pan until thick, this took all but minutes for me.
- Serve by placing slices of the burgers on top of the noodles and courgette, pour over the curry sauce and enjoy!
- This meal is simple but involves having a few things going on at the same time. So I suggest cooking your burgers ahead of time if you don't feel so confident!
The Goldfish Brand Sauces are so easy to use, they tell you how much paste to how much water and you just simmer them in a pan. Easy peasy, very tasty and the perfect consistency for a curry. Next on my list to try is the Chinese Curry Sauce.
I loved this meal, making it on Saturday night to enjoy in front of a film (Bridesmaids) and enjoying with an Asahi beer. It can easily make it veggie by cooking more vegetables than courgettes, or use tofu/Quorn. Also you could use crispy chicken filets to make a more authentic Chicken Katsu! But I do have to admit I really enjoyed my Katsu Wagyu Burgers and would definitely recommend trying if you can.
Are you a Katsu Curry fan? Would you make my Katsu Wagyu Burgers and Crispy Noodles? Let me know in the comments,