Isn’t this summer just wonderful? We’ve had less than 10% of expected rainfall for summer where we live and boy oh boy have we been enjoying being the owners of a house with a garden. In celebration of summer I have collaborated with Estrella Damm to show off my Halloumi Burger recipe!
These Halloumi burgers are easily cooked inside too, just incase the summer starts to disappear and the rain comes. For the BBQ we have a gas BBQ so it’s easily controlled, if you’re going to cook this on coals, please keep an eye on them. Now I teamed my burgers with an ice cold Estrella Damm, the perfect accompaniment to a burger in my opinion!
- Brioche buns
- 1 Ripe avocado
- 1 Ripe beef tomato, sliced
- Halloumi slice (soak for 20 mins in water before cooking)
- Runny honey
- Chilli jam
- Black pepper
- Slice up then mash together the avocado with half the tomato and black pepper.
- Cut your brioche bun in half and toast (you can do this on the BBQ just be careful, there's sugar in brioche so they catch easy).
- When the brioche is toasted, put chilli jam on the top side and spoon guacamole on the bottom half. Put a slice of tomato on top.
- Smear a halloumi slice with honey on both sides, grill for a minute or so (again be careful) and when done plonk on top of the tomato.
- Put the top half of the bun on the halloumi and devour!! This burger is perfect washed down with a cold glass of Estrella Damm.
Of course if you are a true carnivore and cannot skip the meat you could add bacon. But I felt it was perfect just the way it’s served. And if you don’t like chilli, don’t use a chilli jam, maybe use an onion chutney instead?
Are you a Halloumi Burger fan as well? Would you give this a go? Let me know in the comments,
P.S. Post in collaboration with Estrella Damm. All words and photos are my own.