Ok so some people do Meat Free Monday, well we’ve had a long standing Mexican Monday in our house. From burritos to tacos, I find Mexican food quite easy to make, meaning that it usually gets picked for a Monday night dinner.
For this particular Mexican Monday I had already batched cooked some Pulled Chicken (minus the kidney beans) and instead of using a pre-made paste or mix I added 1tbsp soy sauce, 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1tbsp maple syrup, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp coriander and 1 tsp smoked paprika to the pasatta. I also added 1 tbsp hot sauce, but this depends if you like it spicy or not. I used some of the Maverick Hot Sauce I picked up at the Chilli Festival last year.
We usually stick to fajitas and burritos, but we decided to give Quesadillas a go this time. They’re not too faffy, even if it looks it. I suggest you just need two fish slices for the flipping of the Quesedilla in the pan. I must admit this time I cheated with the guac and salsa, because I needed a quick dinner. But you could make your own if you had the time.
- Pulled chicken prepared in advance.
- 2 peppers, sliced
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- A generous quantity of grated cheese
- 8 Soft tortillas
- Sour cream
- Hot sauce
- Fry the onion and pepper until soft. Then put into a bowl and wash up the frying pan for quesadilla making.
- Put a tortilla in the pan (medium heat), put a spoon full of the cheese on the tortilla, sprinkling it about. Layer on the veggies and pulled chicken. Then place another tortilla on top. Cook for around 2-3 minutes, then flip. Cook again for another 2-3 minutes until the tortilla becomes crispy.
- Sliced into quarters and serve on a plate with dip.
- Repeat for the subsequent quesadillas! And enjoy!
- You could use pulled pork, brisket, smoky tofu or just keep use spicy veggies! Just follow the same method for making the quesadillas.