I’ve been trying to eat more veggie lately, my packed lunches are now completely meat free. But I’ve also been bringing back Meat Free Monday in our house. This week I thought I’d share with you my Mozzarella, Olives and Tomatoes Pasta recipe.
This was a recipe I came up with after seeing a picture of a roasted tomato and mozzarella salad on Instagram. But I didn’t fancy just a salad. So I added some extras and some pasta, to make it that more filling evening meal. I made it on my instagram stories originally and quite a few people asked me for the exact recipe. So I re-made it with a bit more thought to the amounts going in, and if you scroll down the recipe is below.
- 200g Fresh pasta, I used fusilli
- 1 Small punnet of cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 4 tbsp Olives, chopped in half
- 200g Mushrooms, stalks removed, sliced
- One ball of Mozzarella, diced
- 2 tbsp Pesto
- Ground pepper
- Olive oil
- Get a pan of water boiling, prep your other ingredients whilst you wait. When boiling get the fresh pasta and in cooking.
- Whilst this is cooking get the tomatoes, mushrooms and olives cooking on a medium heat in a frying pan with a glug of oil. Use a little of the pasta water to help soften and cook them.
- When the pasta is done, drain and put into the frying pan with the pesto. Stir through so everything is coated. Then sprinkle the mozzarella into the pan (try and do this evenly across the pan) and turn the heat down, allow it to melt.
- Serve in a bowl with lots of ground black pepper to season. Enjoy!
Would you make my Mozzarella, Olives and Tomatoes Pasta for Meat Free Monday? Let me know in the comments,