Co-operative Food are currently supporting and running activities for Fairtrade Fortnight (27th Feb – 11th March). The Co-op are longstanding supporters of the Fairtrade Fortnight and are committed to playing their part as a major food retailer in educating people about the importance of ethical food practices.
The Co-op want to show people how we can all make a difference to the lives of farmers in developing countries by buying Fairtrade products. To celebrate Fairtrade Fortnight here’s a Pork and Pineapple Stir Fry recipe made using some of the Co-op’s Fairtrade ingredients. A quick an easy recipe that’s also seriously tasty!
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 450g Pork fillet
- 3 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp Fairtrade brown sugar
- 3 Small carrots, peeled
- 1 Green and 1 Yellow pepper
- Fresh pineapple cut into chunks
- Rice to serve
- Pour the oil into a wok and heat. Add the carrots, onion and pepper to get softening.
- Cut the pork into chunky strips and add into the pan. Stir-fry for ten minutes before stirring in the soy sauce and vinegar to add that unique sweet and sour flavour.
- Add in pineapple, pre-cut into small chunks, and stir into the wok until all ingredients are cooked thoroughly. Splash in a few tbsp of water if you think the mixture is sticking.
- Serve with egg fried rice.
- Enjoy with a glass of The Co-op Fairtrade red wine if the mood takes you, and you can get 15% off our range of wines throughout Fairtrade Fortnight at The Co-op.
Have you been getting involved with Fairtrade Fortnight? Would you give this Pork and Pineapple Stir Fry a go? Do you buy Fairtrade? Let me know in the comments,
P.S. Recipe shared in collaboration with the Midlands Co-operative.