There’s nothing as comforting as soup, the next level of comfort though is adding some noodles to the mix. So today I am sharing with you my Chinese Style Noodle Soup recipe so you can get your comfort food on too.
This noodle soup is the perfect Sunday evening dinner, with Monday looming this warming and hearty soup is perfect. I took the idea from a chicken based recipe, but had prawns in my freezer to use up so I edited and changed a few things to suit. I was also sent some wonderful stock to use from Essential Cuisine, and what a way to show it off, by putting it in a wonderful noodle broth!
- 200g Raw king prawns
- 500ml Hot fish stock
- 2 Pak choi
- 1 White onion, sliced
- 200g Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Green chilli, deseeded, chopped
- 1tbsp Ginger paste
- 1tbsp Fish sauce
- 2tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 2tbsp Oyster sauce
- 2 Nests of noodles (or more if you want more noodles per person)
- Cook the mushrooms, onion, ginger and chilli in a pan for a couple of minutes until soft.
- Get water boiling for your noodles.
- Add the hot stock to the pan with the fish, hoisin and oyster sauce, stir through.
- Put the pak choi and prawns into the stock mixture and turn down low. Simmer whilst your noodles cook (usually about 4-5 mins depending on type of noodles).
- Serve in big bowls and enjoy!
I reckon you could make this dish a whole lot spicier if you preferred, putting more chilli in and you could modify it easily to be vegetarian. To make it veggie switch the stocks and using soy sauce instead of fish sauce and omitting the oyster sauce, just add a little palm sugar to sweeten.
It’s been a long week for me, with people to see and loads of plans and silly Emma has planned the same for this week too. I’m a bit of a numpty really although I have annual leave booked for the week after. I can’t wait for some time off and some time with my family and Mr W. I’m still finding this being on my own a bit difficult, some days I feel like I am there and then other days I want to hide away. Sigh! Anyway, hopefully it won’t be for too much longer.
What’s your go to Sunday evening dinner? Are you a noodle soup fan? Let me know in the comments,
P.S. Thanks Essential Cuisine for supplying the stock for my recipe creation, as ever all photos and words are my own.