During one particularly trying week I had plans with a friend but not the energy to cook super fancy. So I made this Roast Vegetable and Pesto Pasta. It may not sound like much, but it’s tasty, comforting and filling. Perfect with a glass of white wine too.
Easy to make dinners are my thing, regular readers will know this. My Roast Vegetable and Pesto Pasta requires few ingredients and even less skill to make it. But you know what, despite this the dish is tasty. Plus it’s perfect with a boat load of cheese. If you make it, I hope you enjoy it.
- 2 Courgettes, roughly chopped
- 3 Peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 Large red onions, roughly chopped
- 3tbsp Pesto (I used vegan chilli pesto)
- Plenty of freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Enough pasta for 4 or however many of you there are - the sauce keeps in the fridge
- Set the oven to 180C. Chop your veg.
- Cover the veg in oil with plenty of ground pepper, roast for about half an hour or so on the middle oven of the shelf.
- Once roasted let it cool for a bit then get your pasta cooking as per packet instuctions.
- Blend up your roast vegetables in a food processor (don't go too pulpy here).
- Drain your pasta, keeping a ladle full of the pasta water behind.
- Put the pasta water, blended veg and pesto into the pasta pan (leave past in colander).
- Gently heat up then stir the pasta through.
- Serve with a large glass of Gavi and plenty of grated cheese.
- You could roast tomatoes and mushrooms on the side (don't add in to the mix as they take less time to cook) and stir through the sauce at the end.
- The sauce keeps fine in the fridge for a couple of days.
Is quick and easy your thing? Would you give my Roast Vegetable and Pesto Pasta a go? Let me know in the comments,
P.S. This is my recipe and I wanted to share it with you!