Ok so I’m a gin girl and you all know that. But Dr W is a rum guy and he’s slowly getting me into the rum thing. I’m not usually into sweet drinks, but this Apple and Rum Cocktail is a real winner with me.
The guys over at Sailor Jerry sent us over a special limited edition bottle to celebrate the birthday of the creator! Inspired by Jerry’s bold, badass and colourful tattoo designs, the gloss black bottle highlights two iconic Jerry designs and symbols from his flash artwork collection: the eagle and the rose. It looks great on our booze shelf! As I’m not hugely into sugary cocktails we had a little think about what we could make, deciding that this Apple and Rum Cocktail was a good start.
Apple and Rum Cocktail
- 100ml Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
- 100ml Ginger cordial
- A few dashes of lemon and lime bitters
- 50ml Lime juice
- Cloudy apple juice
- Plenty of ice
- Apple slices to garnish
- Fill your cocktail shaker with ice. Add the Sailor Jerry Spice Rum, ginger cordial, bitters and lime juice.
- Shake until the cocktail shaker is unbearably cold.
- Fill two high ball glasses with ice.
- Pour the contents of the cocktail shaker into the glasses. Top with cloudy apple juice.
- Garnish with apple slices. Enjoy!
If you don’t fancy making your own cocktail. You can raise a glass to the father of American old school tattooing Norman ‘Sailor Jerry’ Collins at Banyan Bar & Kitchen in Manchester. To celebrate his birthday (14th January). The bar and Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum have partnered to pay homage to the man himself. Banyan will be offering special limited-edition cocktails from 14th January – 4th February.
Are you a Sailor Jerry fan? Would you pick up a bottle to make my Apple and Rum Cocktail? Let me know in the comments,
P.S. Post in collaboration with Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum. As ever all words, photos and opinions are my own.
P.P.S. The limited edition Sailor Jerry’s is priced at £20.29 and you can buy it in Sainsburys.