Today I’m sharing with you a Slow Cooked Thai Beef Stew recipe. This recipe is so easy to make and only takes TEN MINUTES to prep and after 2 hours slow cooking you get delicious Thai food.
Thai Taste have over 50 products in their range to help you rustle up authentic Thai food at home. These products are easy to use and still have the same flavour as perfectly fresh items, just easier to use! Thai Taste shared with me some recipes of which I will share with you, the first is a Slow Cooked Thai Beef Stew.
- 400g Stewing Beef
- 2 tablespoons Thai Taste lemongrass
- 4 teaspoons Thai Taste kaffir lime leaves
- 2 Long red chillies, sliced length wise
- 15g Shallots, peeled and whole
- 1 tablespoon Thai Taste galangal
- 600-700ml Thai Taste coconut milk (enough to submerge the meat)
- 20-25ml Thai Taste fish sauce
- 1 heaped tablespoon Thai Taste palm sugar
- 1 heaped tablespoon of Thai Taste tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons Thai Taste sweet basil
- 50ml Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Coarse sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C Fan/190C.
- Begin by coating the meat in the olive oil and the coarse sea salt and mix well with your hands ensuring that all the meat gets a good coating of oil and salt.
- In a large oven proof dish add the meat, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, long red chillies, Thai shallots, galangal, coconut cream, tamarind, fish sauce and the sugar, all ingredients should be completely submerged in the coconut cream. Pop the lid on.
- Next place the oven proof dish with the lid on, on to the middle shelf in the oven and cook for 2 hours.
- Once the time has passed take the beef out and check that it is cooked correctly, you should be able to break up the piece of meat with a spoon as it is so tender.
- Once the meat is ready to come out taste the coconut broth to ensure that you are happy with the seasoning. It should be delicately sweet from the coconut cream and moreishly salty from the fish sauce, add a little more of either if you think necessary.
- Serve the stew in bowls topped with sticky rice.
- I used Rick Stein's Steamed White Rice Recipe for serving with. It's a simple recipe and works every time.
This Slow Cooked Thai Beef Stew is so easy to make and just absolutely delicious. I highly recommend giving it a go, for a very different type of Beef Stew to normal!
Have you tried Thai Taste ingredients before? Are you a Thai food fan? Let me know in the comments,
P.S. Thai Taste sent me ingredients to help recreate their wonderful recipe. As ever all words, opinions and photos are my own.