This month’s Degustabox was a real mix of snacks, items to help with cooking meals and drinks. A useful box that came with a definite Autumn theme.
For those of you who don’t know, Degustabox is a monthly food subscription box that comes with 10-13 items. Some new, some old favourites and some completely different foodie items. All with the aim of trying to shake up what you eat.
Let’s start with the snacks things. Say Yes to No featured in a box last summer, but make a great snack. I really liked the BBQ flavour, Mr W wasn’t as convinced. I already know I love Metcalfe’s Popcorn Thins as I can get them in the vending machine at work. So yummy! The Get Fruity bar was sadly too sweet for me, but Mr W enjoyed his nibble. I’m saving the Chia Seeds for a lemon and chia seed cake, I will of course share the recipe when I have baked it. Lastly the Hartley’s Jelly Pots were fab. Low sugar and when I was off sick last week they were very handy snacks, delicious served cold.
Next up the drinks. The Cape flavoured roobios tea was not for me at all. I didn’t enjoy how sweet they are. Now I have to admit here the Teisseire has mainly been used in gin cocktails… It’s fab as a half measure with a full measure of gin and topped with soda water. It’s low sugar too so that takes off any drink related calorie guilt! Add loads of ice and slices of lemon, delicious.
Lastly the bit of the box I always look forward too. The bit that helps with dinner. I’ve made Miso Salmon before but I think a Miso broth with fish and vegetables will be what I make with the Miso Tasty. The Mrs Crimble’s Gluten Free Pasta was a useful dinner when Mr W was out and I was at a loss. The Ciro Borlotti Beans were brilliant, our first autumnal recipe (shared below) was made with the addition of these.
- 12 Chipolatas
- 2 Carrots, peeled and chopped into rounds
- 2 Courgettes, chopped into half moon slices
- 2 Red onions, roughly chopped
- 2 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- 200g Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- 500ml Beef stock
- 1 Can of Cirio Borlotti beans, drained
- Get a deep casserole dish and add a bit of your preferred cooking oil.
- Fry the sausages in batches, once browned take out and put to one side on a plate.
- Now add the onion, courgette and carrot to the pan. Cook until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the garlic and tomato puree and fry for a couple of minutes, then add the paprika and chilli flakes.
- Once the spices are fragrant add the stock, tomatoes and Worcester sauce, bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and beans, stir through. Then add the sausages and turn the heat up to a more vibrant simmer for another 10-15 minutes until the beans are softened, sausages warmed through and mushrooms cooked.
- We served with home made potato wedges, which I cooked from the start of the process (oven 220C for 45 mins).
- Exchange the sausages, Worcester sauce and stock for veggie/milk free versions for a veggie/vegan dinner!
So yes, once again another hit from Degustabox. To see more check out my reviews of past boxes for more reasons to order. And if you like the look of the Degustabox I have a discount code for £7 off your first box. Just enter the code BLDEG15 at the checkout. Let me know what you think if you order one! What would you like to try from this months box? Let me know in the comments,
P.S. I received my Degustabox for the purpose of this review. As ever all word, photos and opinions are my own.